Wednesday 21 July 2010

Look at me! I'm on TV!

I could probably make TV blogs a weekly segment on its own given how much I watch, complain about and how bad they are (or occasionally good) so I'm gonna go over the past week or so's events.

I came across a new quiz show on the BBC. 101 ways to leave a gameshow. Quite simply, you get a question with 9 answers, 9 people choose one of them and one of them is wrong. The loser leaves the gameshow in a stupidly outrageous fashion including falling off a trolley, getting taped onto a board and slowly tipping down and being hit my a gigantic hammer (none of them were made up!). The is a measly 10 grand which in fairness wouldn't be enough for me given the disappointment you get in the end for not leaving the gameshow. Personally, I'd enjoy some of the ways to exit that I'd probably purposely choose the wrong answer so I'd bungee off down into a massive swimming pool.

Next up is Come Dine With Me, a cooking show I would probably never watch if the voice over guy wasn't there. The normal shows have some interesting people as well as annoying people for that matter. The celebrity version however annoyed me so much since it was full of absolute nobodys that had nowt better to do than to get on TV. Pretty much everyone is hatable in the show including Janice Dickinson (no idea who she was, had to wiki and apparently she's now a reality tv whore, which would explain why she's on here) that had no reason to be there except to make [bad] tv by annoying everyone in there as well as me. Turned straight off.

Other things to hate is Channel 4 and E4 because it's full of big brother, They had to replace decent TV such as Scrubs for 'live' coverage?! Yuck.

More TV Music Talent contest were out in the form of 'Don't Stop Believing'. A 'Glee' Show finding the best show choir. I've watched 2 episodes of Glee. It was approachable at best but nothing to actually keep me fully interested. Sort of like High School Musical without the Disney. But this show however, is a competition between real show choirs and making covers of a song. Actually, it's not a cover, some of them are 'Mash Ups', a portmenteau of Mash Potato and Fucked Up!.

Occasionally I can be a massive critic on music and this is no exception. Would people PLEASE stop mashing two songs together please?! The only advantage you get from this is that you murder two songs at once instead of one! Mash ups (like mash potato) need to be mixed with something good such as bangers and gravy but mixing mash with mash is rubbish. Essentially, it's adding extra lyrics into the original song and the lyrics aren't original and stolen from another song.

All the songs the choirs did sound like they came from bad musicals. A particular one I remembered watching was a male choir of about 30 people singing 'Sex on Fire' by the Kings of Leon to this 1 girl on stage. Before I mention how awful the music was, the dancing bit was just awkward and seemed like some massive gang bang is about to happen. But anyway, the music was the equivalent of a crowd singing Sex on Fire on stage, which is not always a good thing. No harmonies, and some very annoying choir versions of the guitar bit. Almost made me want to throw up because of how bad it was.

But as well as bad shows, I still have to mention there's been some decent TV on lately such as Mongrels, a late night puppet show which was actually not too bad, Top Gear which is always enjoyable to watch. And Celebrity Masterchef, another show I enjoy watching :)

TV's done for the week and I need to get out of the house so toodles!

...

(wtf is toodles and who the hell says it to say goodbye anymore?)

No comments:

Post a Comment