Wednesday 21 July 2010

When I'm Sixty Four (and when I pick up my OAP Bus Pass)


Old people have begun to annoy me. This may also be directly linked to that my gran has come to visit me for 3 months (3 months?! staying for 3 months is not 'visiting' it's more closer to 'free loading!' :P) and my gran can be a handful.

I'll avoid aiming this blog directly at my grandma cos it seems unfair that I criticise her when she can't understand english and is as quick to understand things as the police are trying to capture a fujitive. (yes people, I have just made a Raoul Moat reference. It feels wrong...) so let's talk about old people.

At the moment, I am currently suffering from a sore throat. It may be because I have a cold coming along but I've been trying to have conversations with my gran lately and she's deaf and the only way to speak to her is with a megaphone, (which I don't carry along with me all the time because it's impractical and bit heavy to carry all the time) so I simply have to speak louder. So this makes me lose my voice...

Being deaf means you should be wearing hearing aids to help hear stuff. But instead, you have people who are stubborn to use them and thinks that their hearing can be healed if they do nothing and everyone else shouts a little louder. I think talking to a brick wall gives a better response at times.

Almost every old person I've met have a lot to say about me. And not in a good way. There's always something wrong and something to complain and rant about. (Oh hey! maybe that's where I got my ranting from!). Yes no one's perfect but there's no need to ruin everyone's self confidence (or what's left of it) by reiterating what you've already said. It's like beating a dead horse after complaining about it a few minutes ago that it doesn't move and began starting to stink of rotten flesh...

You gotta wonder what it feels like to be old though. Retired, money coming into your account and nothing better to do than to lounge about the house and complain about stuff you don't like. (Actually, typing this now makes me think that doesn't sound like too bad of an idea :P, My OAP pass can't come any sooner! :D)

Right that's enough of my blog for today. I had a longer one planned on old people but it turns out my internet thought I was being offensive to old people and didn't publish the whole thing and forgot to save what I wrote. FML

So I'm off to pick my supplies of OAPs (that stands for OAP Assistance Precautions) that includes my ear plugs, Noise cancelling headphones, blindfold and sleeping pills... Ta Ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment